As I lay in bed, listening to the storms in the early morning, that have finally come to relieve us of our 100 degree July days, i think about the storms of our lives. How do we survive? How do we move forward each day in the storms? I know with each storm comes green grass, flowers and new growth. So here are some of my thoughts for moving past the storm and into the light!
1. PRAY – only when we begin to awaken do we realize that we were asleep. Sometimes we need to be alone to reflect on life, take time to pray and take care of yourself inside.
2. SMILE – as much as possible, whether life is joyful or not, a smile will lift your day as well as others. You can change someone’s day, as well as your own with a simple smile. You are always free to do what makes you smile because a smile shows the true depth of your soul.
3. ATTITUDE- be positive, never allow a bad day to change your mood. Don’t look at what you’ve lost, look at what you have.
4. GRATEFULNESS- focus your energy on what you have in your life, not what you have lost. Remember there are others with much less than you.
5. SHARE – your happiness with others, through your actions and your words. You will never regret helping someone else’s life.
6. COMMUNICATE – talk to others and release your worries and anxieties so that you can move past anything that is weighing on your heart. Then you will be able to move beyond it to a brighter life.
7. HAPPINESS- can be created in your present, don’t think it’s something you’re planning for your future. The happiness you experience each day is determined by the love you share. Be yourself, it’s the best way to be happy.
8. GOOD FRIENDS & FAMILY- are worth their weight in gold, treasure those healthy relationship and trust in their love for you.
9. FREEDOM- to walk away from negative situations, be in tune with your feelings, don’t question your gut just walk away for your happiness. One of the greatest freedom is not caring what others think. If you worry about what others think of you, they own you. Be your own self.
10. TEMPER – your anger, words can hurt so much deeper than physical pain, stop and think before speaking in anger. You are always in control of your thoughts, be confident and kind, not mad and insecure.
11. CHANGE – something you don’t like, if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it. Let go of the need to always be right and you will change to be happy. Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful. Sometimes being open to change will allow a magnificent event to come into your life.
12. DREAM – about what you want to be, then go do it. Good things come to those you pursue it with happiness and love. What you believe has more power than what you wish or hope for. You become what you believe. Be open to dreams, hope and joy.
13. FORGIVE – yourself and others, it takes time and patience, but you can heal emotionally to create love in your life.
14.WEALTH – can’t by happiness, it’s nice to have material things, but don’t loose track of the things money can’t by, those are the true treasures in life.
15. LAUGH – because life will never be perfect, but it is wonderful. Don’t try to control everything, relax, breathe, let go, live in the moment and laugh.
16. KNOWING YOURSELF – is truly believing and living as yourself. With so much social conditioning and pressure in our society, we can forget who we are. Stay true to yourself in all situations.
17. BLESSINGS – fill your life, learn to see blessings in everything. The close parking spot, the unexpected call from a friend, the food before you, the smile of a stranger, or the hug of a loved one, embrace every blessings and share them with others. Satisfaction is not always the fulfillment of what you want; it is the realization of how blessed you are for what you have
18. PASSION – in our lives is important, discover what you are passionate about and do it. Whether it be crafting, fishing, dancing, reading, cooking or meditating, discover it and summerge yourself into it to give your life passion
19. EMBRACE – people, situations and life as it comes…storms or bright days. Each day has a lesson for us to learn. Always learn the lesson and grow.
20. LOVE – it’s all you need, time spent on worry and hate sucks your energy. Center in love and know that you are loved, write your own love story every day. John and Paul had it right…the love you take is equal to the love you make.