“Today is the day when bold kites fly,
When cumulus clouds roar across the sky.
When robins return, when children cheer,
When light rain beckons spring to appear.
Today is the day when daffodils bloom,
Which children pick to fill the room,
Today is the day when grasses green,
When leaves burst forth for spring to be seen.”
– Robert McCracken, Spring
What I love about March
* having to get out my sunglasses when driving;
* seeing the snow, originally so pure and white, melt into warmth;
* watching the brown dormant grass turn the green of new life;
* the flowers pushing through the ground, grasping for growth;
* hearing birds singing as they return to nests;
* going to The Creamery for the first ice cream cone for the year;
* shedding our winter coats for spring jackets;
* donning spring nail colors on open toe sandles;
* Spring break and visiting family staying at the house;
* celebrating St. Joseph’s and St. Patrick’s Day and so much more!!
“Spring is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s party!”
– Robin Williams